Monday, January 19, 2015

I Chickened Out

 
I thank you all for your advice & commiseration on my last post. Two Saturdays have passed & I haven't mustered up the nerve to actually ask. Not exactly, anyway. Last week, while trying to steer the conversation towards asking resulted in a conversation about play date catastrophes. This week, I just didn't have the nerve.
 
I had mentioned that Elena & I had gone snow-tubing & she said how much they'd been wanting to take V but couldn't (V's mom is pregnant.) I did say we'd be more than willing to go with them, but it was more of an abstract offer than making any concrete plans.
 
I really like the idea of planning something at a neutral location rather than inviting them to our house. So I think I'll hold off until the weather is a bit nicer & we have more options...that'll give me more time to work up my nerve ;)

4 comments:

  1. It's so awkward, isn't it? Like asking someone out on a date. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the time is right, hopefully something will work out for both of you. Haha, it is like a first date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. I thought we managed to wiggle out of the whole first date awkwardness for a while by becoming SMCs.

    I'll work out, I think. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will work out! Just need to act on one of the "abstract" suggestions. "So let's do that next weekend" or somehting along those lines.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!