Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Remember

Like most everyone else, I have had a heavy heart weighed down by grief since Friday. I am grateful Elena is too young to understand why her Momma was crying so much this weekend & why I hugged her so tightly. My mind has been filled with thoughts for those parents who have lost their babies. I worry about how many of them are carrying the guilt of a rushed drop off at school that morning or an angry word being the last they spoke to their child. There’s nothing that I can write that is much different than all that has already been written. But I want to do SOMETHING, have to do something, before I can move on to my life & begin savoring the joy that is my daughter in a new & deeper way.
I am taking up Dyke in the Heart of Texas plea to remember one name. After reading the names & a bit about each of the 20 children, I choose OliviaEngel.
Shining star: Olivia Engel, one of the children killed at Sandy Hook, was would have been an angel in her church's nativity


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I followed your links and read the blog you mentioned. What a wonderful idea. Like you I am too overcome by sadness to think about this tragedy for too long. It hits too close to home. So special to remember the innocent children rather than the bad guy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!