Friday, May 13, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise

For the last few days, like most of you I'm sure, I have been anxiously awaiting news from Shannon over at Chasing Rainbows...so you can imagine how pleasantly surprised Elena & I were when we arrived home yesterday from our errands to find a package on our doorstep. Lo & behold it was a gift from Shannon & Chiquitito:
We were so touched & grateful! And even more pleasantly surprised to learn that Chiquitito had been born!!! Congratulations Shannon & welcome to the world Finnegan!

Elena had a wonderful day for our Mother's Day walk-a-thon...We got to see the Midwives that delivered her & had beautiful weather:

This photo isn't an indication of how Elena felt about the day...I just think it's a funny picture & had to share, lol!

Elena is 10 weeks old today...we're really doing well now. Elena must have heard me complaining about her night owl ways as for the last 5 nights, she's slept from 10pm-3am, wakes, feeds then sleeps until 8am!! Knock wood that she keeps this up!!

She's already started drooling like crazy! I thought this strange to happen so soon but have learned that it's normal...I just hope this doesn't mean she'll start teething early!!

She's found her hands & is mesmerized by them...She'll also wave them at me with this look on her face like, "Look Ma! Look what I have!!" She seems so proud of herself...it's too cute!

And now I'll leave you with a proper photo of Elena...

6 comments:

  1. Awww.. she's already lifting her head when she's on her tummy. Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's adorable Tiara! Good job mum :)
    Shannon's gift is such a beautiful gesture, love the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous girl! She'll just love that stroller photo when she's older--it will give her a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's absolutely adorable! Stroller pic is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I can finally comment agagin.

    Love the scrunchie face photo! And I love her eyes. She's a gorgeous little girl.

    Your Personal Penguin. I think my niece has every Boynton book under the sun. That one wasn't her favourite, she much preferred Barnyard Dance but they're all really good baby books. I always give people books as a baby/shower gift because I believe in reading. I definitely give books to parents of boys because I find that too many people ignore that aspect of boys' development and if I give them books then I hope it will be a gentle nudge in the direction of starting the love of reading early.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's gorgeous!

    (Billy here. Blogger has issues and I can't log in..)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!